Torre Alhaquime White Villiage
Alháquime Torre is a Spanish municipality in the province of Cádiz, in the autonomous community of Andalusia. It belongs to the region of the Sierra de Cádiz, northeast of the province, which is part of the famous White Towns of Andalusia.
The castle and town of Torre Alháquime originated in all probability when the border between the kingdoms of Castile and Granada are permanently established in our region. Dependent, in all likelihood, the hisn of Olvera, then was a watchman who fell immediately after the conquest of one in 1327 by Alfonso XI. It was included in the Castilian defensive system as one of the towers located right on the border, with sufficient means for self – defense.
The municipality has attractive areas for those who like sports with low environmental impact, such as hiking, horseback riding and bicycle, as well as camping sites on the banks of the Rio Guadalporcún. Alháquime was an area where Muslim populations found a similar place in his native Africa settled. Its name is believed comes from the romance word Tower and the Arabic word Al Haquim, which means wise man, in honor of a Muslim leader who lived in the castle Nazari style built to protect the enclave. It was recovered in 1327 by Christians and six years after falls back into Arab hands, so that in the fifteenth century is definitely recovered. During the War of Independence 1810 – 1812 was occupied by French troops and was also shelter the city of famous brigands of the time as Jose Maria “El Tempranillo” Currillo El Largo “,” The Vivillo “,” Cencerrito “and” chorizito “.