La Feria Internacional Fuengirola 2018
- For a few fun, exciting and cultural days, through International cuisine, Global music, dress, art and folklore Fuengirola in Andalusia celebrated a cosmopolitan vibrant festive event named the “La Feria Internacional Fuengirola” that brings together amazing cultures and traditions from over 30 countries. Fuengirola it has to be said is one of the liveliest cities on the Costa del Sol and home to many different nationalities and so the World People’s Fair came about as a result of this cultural melting pot of passion, energy and international togetherness.
- In the city’s showground that is situated one kilometer to the east of the centre of Fuengirola and only 200 meters from the golden beaches and deep blue sea, visitors will find 30 marquees or buildings with each one featuring the participating countries, where they can sample international cuisine, music, dance and the culture from each country.
- There are many attractions for children, an international trade fair, outdoor exhibitions and live performances. The event is well organised, friendly, hospitable and a perfect day out for the family. That said we would recommend if you have young children visit early in the afternoon as in the evening the crowds swell making attending the national events in each building challenging to say the least, as the queues for entry, and exiting individual events can detract from this splendid occasion.
- The most popular countries in our opinion especially if you like Salsa, enjoy music and a vibrant ambience was the Cuban showcase as over 500 dancing revellers were treated to a continuous playlist of salsa, Cuban line dancing and some pretty awesome mojitos. The Argentinian and Spanish cultural exhibition provided an exceptional showcase of culture, cuisine and local wines and cheeses.
- The organisers should take a bow as this event from the first minute to the last, was fun, great value, safe, excellently hosted, and a fantastic display of organisation, togetherness, culture, music and dance.
- Next blog posts and images from the “Tuna Festival of Zahara de los Atunes” & the stunning White Villiage “Vejer de la Frontera”